The Tidewell Foundation, Inc. is an independent 501 (c) (3) charitable foundation established to ensure perpetual philanthropic support to Tidewell Hospice and the healthcare companies within the Stratum Health System family. Charitable contributions to the Tidewell Foundation sustain and grow the critically important programs and services provided through the not-for-profit mission of Tidewell Hospice and its affiliates.
For 40 years, Tidewell Hospice has made a profound impact on the lives of thousands of patients and families across southwest Florida. A non-for-profit hospice, Tidewell's mission is to provide care for all-even those without insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, or other sources of payment.
The Tidewell Foundation serves to elevate this commitment to providing a continuum of hospice, home health, grief counseling and unique therapeutic services to the four-county area they serve.
It starts with your generousity and is paid forward with every patient connection, family served and life changed. One relationship at a time, They're strengthening our community with compassion, comfort, and care for patients and families - regardles of their ability to pay.
Companies within Tidewell Foundation include:
Stratum Health System
- Stratum Health System was created in 2015 to serve as a holding company, overseeing the business operations and patient care services of Tidewell Hospice and its affiliated companies. Stratum's foundation is based on the strong reputation, financial strength and capacity for growth of Tidewell Hospice, while capitalizing on the strengths of Approved Home Health, Connexis Medical Services, Treasures Thrift Shop and SCATA Real Estate to become a leader in patient care and care management.
Approved Home Health
- Approved Home Health is Stratum's private-duty home health agency, providing quality care to help people remain independent through skilled and non-skilled services.
Avidity Home Health
- Avidity Home Health is a Medicare-approved and ACHC-accredited agency that serves Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Polk, Lee, Collier, Hendry, Charlotte, DeSoto, Glades and Sarasota counties.
Connexis Medical Services
- Connex Medical Services bring expert, primary medical care directly to the patient's home. Their physicans provide in-home visits in assisted-living and skilled-nursing facilities throughout Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte and DeSoto counties, as well as private homes.
- Tidewell Hospice is an independent, non-for-profit hospice founded in 1980 with a mission of helping people with advanced illness by providing care, comfort and compassion.